November 19, 2018
HRE Partners with GE Additive to Create First 3D-Printed Titanium Wheel
HRE Wheels and GE Additive announced a partnership agreement today and unveiled the first titanium wheel created using Electron Beam Melting technology (a type of 3D printing). Known as “HRE3D+”, this new prototype wheel shows what the future of wheel technology will bring and how advanced materials like titanium can be harnessed to create complex designs.
The goal of the “HRE3D+” project was to test the capabilities of additive manufacturing in a practical application and to create a highly-sophisticated wheel design with an elusive material like titanium. With a traditional aluminum Monoblock wheel, 80% of material is removed from a 100-pound forged block of aluminum to create the final product.
With additive manufacturing, only 5% of the material is removed and recycled, making the process far more efficient. Titanium also has a much higher specific strength than aluminum and is corrosion resistant, allowing it to be extremely lightweight and to be shown in its raw finish.
There was an intensive design collaboration between the Vista, California based team at HRE and the GE AddWorks team out of Ohio. Using design queues from two existing models of HRE wheels, the two companies worked together to create a stunning example of what is possible with additive manufacturing.
The wheel was produced on two Arcam EBM machines – Q20 and a Q10 in five separate sections,then combined using a custom center section and titanium fasteners.
“This is an incredibly exciting and important project for us as we get a glimpse into what the future of wheel design holds,” said HRE President Alan Peltier. “Working with GE Additive’s AddWorks team gave us access to the latest additive technology and an amazing team of engineers, allowing us to push the boundaries of wheel design beyond anything possible with current methods. To HRE, this partnership with GE Additive moves us into the future.”
“HRE prides itself on its commitment to excellence and superior quality in the marketplace. It was a natural fit for AddWorks to work on this project with them and really revolutionize the way wheels can be designed and manufactured,” said Robert Hanet, senior design engineer, GE Additive AddWorks.
November 14, 2018
AWE GOES OFF ROAD: Plans Announced to Enter Off Road Market
AWE, the precision engineering firm based outside of Philadelphia, has announced plans to enter their first off-road market, starting with an exhaust line for the Gen 2 Ford Raptor. The new exhaust suite will be launched in partnership with CJ Pony Parts, and will be called the AWE FG Exhaust Suite.
“AWE’s first off-road vehicle. It’s a milestone, and our Raptor FG suite is one for the ages. We’ve taken that EcoBoost to a new level of aggressive–a personality suited to the Raptor, only possible with our sound superheroes at the helm,” stated Jesse Kramer, VP of Marketing at AWE.
The exhaust suite will consist of a modular configuration, allowing customers the choice to equip components in phases, or “go all in” on the full catback configuration. The exhausts will be named as such:
- 2FG Exhaust: Replaces the rear center muffler with a precision-engineered H-pipe.
- 1FG Exhaust: Includes the precision-engineered H-pipe from the 2FG, and replaces the factory front suitcase resonator with two, true dual-routed resonated mid pipes.
- 0FG Exhaust: A combination of 2FG and 1FG, with the addition of true 3″ T304L stainless tailpipes and 5″ diamond black AWE straight cut tips.
November 8, 2018
The official 2019 wheel collection is finally here!
Check out the new wheels available from KMC and the XD series lines:
October 30, 2018
More Visibility, Less Blind Spots!
This kit features a Multi-View Integration Interface equipped with A/V Input and Side Mirror – Mounted Cameras. Crux has perfected Blind Spot, Rear, Front and Multi (RFM) Camera Integration with these new modules. The system seamlessly integrates with the factory installed system for adding Front, Rear, 2 Side, and wireless cameras.
The RFM camera interface kit is available for the following makes (models vary):
Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, Mercedes, Ram, Toyota
- Adds a reverse camera input, 6 video inputs. (Plus 1 audio/video)
- Uses the steering wheel controls buttons to toggle between the sources.
- Turn signals automatically triggers the corresponding side camera.
- Turn signal camera trigger can be turned on or off by using the by using the SWC button.
- Includes 2 adjustable angle cameras for the side mirrors.
- Has Video In Motion capability
October 26, 2018
New Product Release:
034 Motorsport Adjustable Rear Sway Bar for Audi RS3 & TTRS
034Motorsport‘s Adjustable MQB Solid Rear Sway Bar Upgrade for the 8V Audi RS3 & 8S Audi TTRS is engineered to improve the handling dynamics and balance of the ultimate iterations of these MQB-platform vehicles.
- Manufactured from high-quality, solid, 0.938” spring steel.
- Two positions for adjustability based on driver preference.
- Soft Position – 81% rate increase over stock bar.
- Stiff Position – 102% rate increase over stock bar.
- Attractive black powdercoat for protection from the elements.
- Locating collars to prevent the sway bar from walking side to side.
- Unique design specifically for 8V RS3 and 8S TTRS.
- Manufactured using CNC tubing bender for bend accuracy and quality consistency.
- Beautiful billet CNC brackets with clear anodizing for protection from the elements.
- Integrated Zerk fittings in the CNC brackets for easy greasing maintenance.
Be sure to check out other performance parts available for your Audi or Volkswagen from 034 Motorsport.
For questions regarding pricing and availability, please contact our sales staff.